About the Course
This course is of 6 months duration. On successful completion of this Pre- Sea Training, the candidates will be eligible to join India / Foreign Shipping companies as a Deck / Engine Crew. With further Sea service, they will be promoted as a motorman / oil man. Fitter, BOSUN, Able-Bodied Seaman. They can also the promoted to Officer Level with certain service and qualification requirements.
Merchant ships require qualified and competent personnel to man various services and systems on Board. After completing G.P Rating course a candidate can join either as a Deck Rating or Engine Rating.
Aims & Objectives of the Course
- A basic understanding of the Ship’s routine, its operations, legislation and related duties.
- A good foundation in the principles of Safety, Accident, Preventions, Pollution at Sea, Fire Fighting and First Aid
- An idea of the theory and practice of a ship’s compass and hints on steering.
- Basic Engineering Knowledge, maintenance and safe working practices.
- Knowledge regarding tools, equipments & instruments commonly found on board ships.
- Practical Training in handling a life-raft, life-boat and starting its diesel engine.
- Practical workshop training in Carpentry, Plumbing, Machine Shop, Hot Work, Electrical and Diesel Engine Maintenance shop.
Curriculum for Pre-Sea Training for G.P Rating
- Standard Marine Navigation Vocabulary and Use of English Language.
- Knowledge of Ships and Shipping Industry.
- Contribute to Monitoring and controlling a Safe Watch.
- Steer the Ship and Comply with Helm Orders.
- Keep a proper look out by sight and by Hearing.
- Operate Emergency Equipment and Apply Emergency Procedure.
- Survive at Sea in the Event of Ship Abandoment.
- Minimize risk of Fire, Maintain State of Readiness, Fight and Extinguish Fires.
- Take Immediate Action Upon Encountering an Accident or Other Medical Emergencies.
- Comply with Emergency Procedures, Prevent Pollution and Contibute to Effevtive.
- Human Relationship on Board Ship.
- Machinery in Engine Room, Purpose, Location, and Basic Working Knowledge.
- Carry out Watch Keeping Duties as Engine Room Rating Safe Working Practices and Related Engine Room Operations.
- Basic Environment Protection Procedures.
Duration of the Course
- Duration of the Course is of 6 months.
- Student after successfully accomplishing the training program will be awarded with the course certificate, by the academy approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Surface and Transport Govt. of India. In inclusion to the above candidate will also receive INDOS and Indian CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate).
- Pass with average 40% marks in 10th standard from a recognized board with science, Mathematics as subject and with minimum 40% marks in English Language and medically fit as per M.S (Medical Examinations of Seafarers) Rules 2000.
- Eyesight 6/6
- Age Limit = 17 to 25 years.
- The fees for 4 months Pre Sea Training is 1,70,000/INR.